Drooping eyelids can give your whole face a dragged-down look. You might think you’re stuck with droopy eyelids, puffy under eye bags or other conditions that make you look older. With an eyelid lift in the Chicago area, you’ll get a bright-eyed, fresh look that could make you look and feel years younger.
What Is an Eyelid Lift?
Sometimes called a blepharoplasty, this procedure removes excess skin around your eyes that has pooled into sagging pouches above your eyes and underneath them as puffy “bags.” If you dislike the sad, droopy look your eyes have, you can fix them quickly with a surgical procedure. Speak with our educated staff to see if this procedure can be combined with any other facial rejuvenation treatments.
What Causes Droopy, Sagging Eyelids?
There are several reasons that you might have sagging skin around your eyes:
- Age is the primary cause, but some people have had droopy eyelids since they were children.
- Lack of sleep can be linked to undereye bags.
- Lifestyle habits like drinking and smoking can contribute to wrinkled, sagging eyelids.
- Baggy eyelids sometimes run in families.
How Does an Eyelid Lift in Chicago Work?
During the surgery, our plastic surgeon removes the excess fat from the area. This procedure is performed on an outpatient basis, and you may be put under sedation with local anesthesia. If you are combining the procedure with other facial rejuvenation options then you may be given general anesthesia. The procedure usually takes about one to three hours to perform depending on your needs.
- The procedure is quick and has a relatively fast recovery.
- Some patients report looking like they had a full facelift, not just an eyelid lift.
- You’ll get eyes that look open, bright, and lifted.
- The procedure eliminates under eye bags and wrinkles around the eyelid area.
- This lift uses the eye’s natural lines, so scarring is minimal.
Learn More About Eyelid Lifts in Chicago
An eyelid lift in Chicago can give you a whole new look. If you’re not happy with the way you look because of your droopy eyelids or undereye bags, you can transform yourself at The John Bull Center for Cosmetic Surgery & Laser Medispa. We are conveniently located in Naperville, IL, but we also serve residents in Chicago, St. Charles, Joliet, Geneva, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Aurora, Lombard, and Oak Brook. Learn more about how this surgery can benefit you by speaking with our trained staff. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!